Updated September 1, 2021
Much of this Policy is divided into sections based on the way that you may interact with PriceSpider. You are either a Site Visitor, a User and/or a Customer (as defined below). Please determine what user type you are. For each user type we’ve explained what information we collect and why, what cookies and other similar technologies we use, how we share such information, and your rights related to such information.
2. Key Definitions.
“Site Visitor(s)” – You are a Site Visitor when you visit and interact with our website, interactive features, blogs, career site, and their respective contents at www.PriceSpider.com (our “Site”).
“End User(s)” – You are an End User when you visit websites or applications where one of PriceSpider’s “Where To Buy” Modules is embedded.
“Customer(s)” – You are a Customer when you or the company that you work for contracts with PriceSpider for PriceSpider to provide its web-based “Platform” and associated “Where to Buy” “Buy Now” “Prowl” and “Brand Monitor” “Modules” which allow you to access different types of data and analytics related to particular products and brands.
“Personal Data” – Any information that can be used to identify individuals, either alone or in combination with other information available to PriceSpider, such as a name, e-mail address, IP address, geographic location, phone number or any other information that is regarded as personal under applicable laws.
3. POLICY CHANGES.
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
A. SITE VISITORS
i. Information About Your Equipment, and Usage Details.
When a Site Visitor visits the Site, PriceSpider stores your user-agent string, and the page that you entered the Site from (known as the referrer). The user-agent allows PriceSpider to determine each Site Visitor’s browser type, operating system, and basic system configuration information. The referrer information may allow PriceSpider to determine pages and files viewed by each Site Visitor and the searches performed by that Site Visitor. This information is collected and used to analyze overall trends, and to help PriceSpider provide and improve the Site.
ii. Web Beacons. Pages on the Site, and any emails that PriceSpider may send to Site Visitors may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit PriceSpider to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). This information is collected and used to analyze overall trends, and to help PriceSpider provide and improve the Site.
iii. Voluntarily Provided Information. PriceSpider collects and stores information that Site Visitors directly provide to PriceSpider via fillable forms or text boxes on the Site. Such information may include (a) any information contained on a resume submitted by a Site Visitor, or (b) information submitted by a Site Visitor to register for a webinar or event (i.e. name, address, business address, telephone number, email address). If you apply for a job at PriceSpider, we collect and use your Personal Data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons including:
- identifying and evaluating candidates for employment, or for future roles that may become available.
- recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring.
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements.
- conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law.
- protecting PriceSpider’s legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law.
In connection with job applications, your Personal Data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the country where the position for which Site Visitors are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries. PriceSpider will automatically delete the Personal Data in accordance with the time frames dictated by applicable law. PriceSpider uses third party service providers to provide recruiting software systems and PriceSpider may also share your Personal Data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
iv. Cookies. Cookies are small data files that are placed on a Site Visitors device to monitor how the Site Visitor interacts with the Site. Most web browsers allow Site Visitors to erase cookies on their computer, disable cookies from their computer, or notify them when a cookie is stored on their computer. There are several other services available that can assist Site Visitors with managing their cookie preferences, including browser settings and plug-ins, and tools provided by the cookie providers and social media sites. www.allaboutcookies.org is a site that offers more information on ways to manage and block cookies. A complete list of cookies used by PriceSpider in connection with Site Visitors can be accessed HERE :
B. END USERs
i. Personal Data. When an End User visits a Customer website or application where the “Where to Buy” Module is embedded, PriceSpider will attempt to distinguish the End User as a new/unique user by assigning an “Anonymous ID” to the End User. This Anonymous ID is produced by combining the public IP-address of each End User, with information related to each End-Users browser type, operating system, and system configuration information (“Anonymous Device Information”). Once created, the Anonymous ID cannot be reverse engineered back to any individual user or IP address, and PriceSpider does not store the End User public IP-address or the Anonymous Device Information for longer than 14-days. The 14-day storage of the End User public IP-address is purely done for IT security purposes so that PriceSpider can determine which IP-addresses have been hitting PriceSpider’s servers, and detect and prevent attacks (such as DDOS attacks). After a 14-day period, PriceSpider deletes the End Users public IP-Address from PriceSpider’s server logs (automatically). The device IP-Address is considered “Personal Data” under applicable Data Privacy Laws, and as a result End Users have the right to request that PriceSpider not collect/store (and must delete) this information. If an End User would like to exercise this right email email@example.com.
PriceSpider aggregates all of the data associated with all of the Anonymous ID’s generated by PriceSpider. The aggregated data allows PriceSpider’s Customers (i.e. brands and manufacturers) – to see what products or types of products (categories) that End Users ultimately ended up purchasing through the “Where to Buy” Module, and to see what other retailers and stores that were browsed (i.e. “Category Data”). The Category Data does not disclose the Anonymous ID’s that were used to generate the Category Data – the Category Data is high-level aggregated data that allows PriceSpider’s Customers to learn more about the purchasing decisions of groups of End Users that browsed sites connected to the “Where to Buy” Module.
ii. Cookies. Cookies are small data files that are placed on an End Users device to monitor how the End User interacts with the “Where To Buy” Module. Most web browsers allow End Users to erase cookies on their computer, disable cookies from their computer, or notify them when a cookie is stored on their computer. There are several other services available that can assist End Users with managing their cookie preferences, including browser settings and plug-ins, and tools provided by the cookie providers and social media sites. www.allaboutcookies.org is a site that offers more information on ways to manage and block cookies. A complete list of the of cookies used by PriceSpider in connection with End Users can be accessed HERE.
- . Google Analytics and/or Adobe may collect information regarding your use of other websites, apps and online resources. Additionally, PriceSpider collects and stores your Google Analytics and/or Adobe ID’s, and in certain instances makes such data available to PriceSpider’s Customers. Both Google and Adobe provide a downloadable browser add-on for exercising your opt-out rights regarding Google Analytics.
i. Voluntarily Provided Information. PriceSpider collects and stores information that Customers directly provide to PriceSpider such as User IDs and passwords for the Insights Portal and/or Prowl Portal, employee names, email addresses, phone numbers and other contact information to enable Customer to obtain Platform support from PriceSpider.
ii. Cookies. Cookies are small data files that are placed on a Customer’s device to monitor how the Customer interacts with the Insights and/or Prowl Portals. Most web browsers allow Customers to erase cookies on their computer, disable cookies from their computer, or notify them when a cookie is stored on their computer. There are several other services available that can assist Customers with managing their cookie preferences, including browser settings and plug-ins, industry groups and standards associations, and tools provided by the cookie providers and social media sites. www.allaboutcookies.org is a site that offers more information on ways to manage and block cookies. A complete list of the of cookies used by PriceSpider in connection with Customers can be accessed HERE .
5. HOW WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION.
PriceSpider collects information from End-Users, Site Visitors and Customers as follows:
- Directly from Site Visitors and Customers when they provide it to us (through physically inputting their name, email address, and/or contact information, into the Insights Portal, Prowl Portal, or an online webform).
- Automatically as Site Visitors visit the Site, and as End-Users navigate through the “Where To Buy” Module. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies as detailed in the INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU section above. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- From third parties as detailed in this Notice.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
PriceSpider uses information that it collects from Site Visitors, End Users and Customers:
- To present our Site and Services and its contents to End Users so that End Users can determine where to quickly and easily purchase Customer products.
- To provide Customers with access to the Insights Portal and/or Prowl Portal so that it can provide high-level aggregated data (the Category Data discussed above) to Customers so that Customers can learn more about the purchasing decisions of groups of End Users that used the Services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep any information that we disclose to them confidential – and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PriceSpiders’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by PriceSpider about our Site or Service(s) users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To respond to your requests, or process your employment applications.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
- PriceSpider takes reasonable steps to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect from Site Visitors, End Users and Customers. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security practices and safeguards reasonably designed to protect any information that can be used to identify individuals, either alone or in combination with other information available to us, such as a Site Visitor’s, Customers or End Users name, e-mail address, IP address, phone number and other information that is regarded as personal under applicable laws (“Personal Data”). Although we use reasonable measures to protect Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Customers are responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect their information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting passwords and signing off when finished using a shared computer or mobile device. If the Personal Data under the custody of PriceSpider is (or is likely to be) divulged, damaged or lost, we will immediately take remedial measures, inform the affected users in a timely manner and report to the competent government agencies as required by applicable laws.
8. DURATION OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA.
The duration of the storage of Personal Data is determined by the respective legal retention period. After expiration of this period, the corresponding Personal Data will be routinely deleted, provided that it is no longer necessary for the performance of the Services, and/or there is no longer any legitimate interest for such storage.
9. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION.
- PriceSpider strives to provide Site Visitors, End Users and Customers with choices regarding the information you provide to us directly, or automatically by virtue of using the Sites and/or Services. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information (including your Personal Data):
- Tracking Technologies. If you do not want us to track your online behaviors through our Site and/or Services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to datapolicy@PriceSpider.com, or by calling (888) 959-9757.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Customers. If you do not want us to share data/analytics related to your device IP Address with our Customers (i.e. brands and manufacturers), you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to datapolicy@PriceSpider.com, or by calling (888) 959-9757.
- Processor(s) Responsible for your Personal Data. The Processor in charge of processing your Personal Data is as follows:
20 Pacifica, Suite 1000
Irvine, California 92618
10. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION.
You can review and change your choice regarding information collection and disclosure at any time by emailing us at datapolicy@PriceSpider.com or calling (888) 959-9757. Further, you may request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit this link.
12. MINIMUM AGE.
The Sites nor Services are directed to, nor intended to be used by, individuals under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. PriceSpider does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If you become aware that an individual under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, has provided PriceSpider with personal information, please contact us immediately at datapolicy@PriceSpider.com. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
13. Contact Information.