PriceSpider flourishes because its technology is hand-crafted, fresh, and powerful. We are looking for a Senior Systems Admin – IT Infrastructure to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, deploy, configure, test, monitor, patch, troubleshoot, and maintain web application infrastructure built on Linux and Windows technologies
- Analyze and resolve in-depth server and network problems and performance issues
- Plan system evolution to meet reliability, maintainability, scale and capacity requirements
- Automate processes for repeatability and reliability
- Manage successful, secure replication, backup and archival of system data
- Implement and enforce security policies and procedures
- Review, improve, and automate system deployment processes and systems monitoring
- Serve on a flexible rotating on-call support team for issues
- Background supporting production severs for customer-facing SaaS applications
- Full IT system lifecycle administration from installation to decommissioning for both a physical data center and cloud infrastructure.
- 4+ years Linux systems administration experience (Ubuntu, Centos, RedHat, etc.)
- 4+ years Windows systems implementation (Windows Server 2008-2012)
- Scripting alerts and controls for system monitoring agents. ELK (Elastic, Logstash, Kabana)
- Exposure to distributed systems networking concepts & protocols
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Postgres configuration and ongoing management
- Ability to manage small to medium size projects with proof of managing projects
- Terraform/Rancher required skill to manage current crawling environment
- Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud based services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools (Puppet, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) and scripting
- SELinux knowledge of security contexts, iptables, access control, and logging
- Database clustering architecture
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Logic Monitor, AWS CloudWatch, New Relic, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Shell, Perl, and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with cryptography tools (e.g. secure shell, OpenSSL, IPSec)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and IIS, configuration, and ongoing management.
PriceSpider is an Equal Opportunity Employer