PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with incredibly talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
PriceSpider is expanding in Kansas City, Missouri! Our headquarters is based in Southern California. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
At PriceSpider we create sophisticated web crawling services and data analytics solutions. These services feed our industry leading applications which provide product analysis for some of the largest brands in the retail industry.
The Technical Operations Team is responsible for creating and maintaining all scripts that crawl seller data, as well as monitoring the core platform to ensure that all crawled data is stored and used appropriately.
The PriceSpider Lead Crawler Platform Specialist is responsible for leading a team and creating & maintaining a library of scripts that crawl and parse data from seller websites for our crawling technology. Additionally, the Lead Platform Specialist will be able to participate in creating the next generation of tools that will continue to keep PriceSpider on the cutting edge of technology.
• Maintain library of scripts and update scripts as seller websites change
• Leverage internal tools and databases to help test and monitor crawling scripts
• Help create a standard of quality across the board
• Participate in code review and quality assurance processes
• Interface with product management and engineering team to drive best practices and future generation tools
• Research and troubleshoot complex issues associated with crawling and storage of data retrieved from seller websites
• This is a supervisory role – see “Supervisory Responsibilities” below for additional job functions
• Databases: MS SQL Server (MongoDB, PostgreSQL also preferred)
• Software: Visual Studio .NET 2003/2005/2008/2010/2012/2015, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2016, Visio 2007, Lucid Charts, Moqups, Enterprise Architect, VMWare, SQL Server Management Studio
• Environments: Windows, Windows CE, Linux (Ubuntu 14.04), Android
• Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Communication Skills – ability to write, speak, and present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings
• Teamwork – works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives
• Problem Solving – efficiently and creatively solves problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
• Assigns tasks to other team members
• Monitors and reports progress of the team
• Assists team members with analysis and troubleshooting of complex issues
• Mentors junior team members
• Interfaces with product management, executive management, and other departments as a representative of the Crawler Platform Team
Required Education and Experience:
• Prior experience leading a team or functioning as the senior member of a team
• In depth knowledge of websites and UI navigation, including HTML/CSS
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Experience working in a Linux environment is a plus
• Experience with SQL is a plus
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience; technical certifications
• Knowledge of regular expressions is a plus