PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with incredibly talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
Powering our industry leading services requires highly scalable, available, reliable, secure, and performant systems. Our cloud and platform engineering teams build the infrastructure for our web crawling services. From Kubernetes to Machine Learning we are continually striving to push the envelope to bring the best value to our customers.
At PriceSpider we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you love working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers products are used and consumed around the globe.
We are looking for a Lead Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our Software Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will be delivering software and striving for operational excellence for our sophisticated web crawling solutions and the processing pipeline. This is a unique opportunity to learn and work with other talented engineers working in a dynamic environment leveraging many of the latest technologies in the industry.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and own the software we use to crawl the internet to collect data about how major retailers’ products are being represented by their sellers
- Drive performance in our engineers to get the best work product possible
- Help us move software infrastructure from our older environments into a Kubernetes orchestrated environment
- Help transform our older products to a container based architecture
- Work with our QA department and Program Managers to ensure we are building the right infrastructure to support our fast-growing business
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or relevant work experience
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise level software
- You have 3+ years of experience in leading a team of software engineers and positively driving their performance
- A solid understanding of Go, Node.js and C# would be a great fit
- Strong understanding of high performance, distributed, and concurrent system design
- You are proficient in relational database as well as NoSQL databases
- You are proficient in Linux
- You have experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Experience developing in a SCRUM environment
- You are a highly driven person with skills for collaboration and teamwork
- Most importantly, you are passionate about learning and love staying up to date on the latest technology